The free program is open to all aquatic centres in WA. To be eligible you must:
- be a current LIWA Aquatics member
- have a Water Corporation account
- meet the relevant criteria.
Sign a commitment to participate in the program.
Waterwise Aquatic Centre Commitment Letter
Review your centre's water consumption and complete a water management plan.
To be endorsed, you will need to implement and provide evidence of the following:
- read meters (and any sub-meters) daily and record water use to identify anomalies
- include leak detection as part of daily inspections and report or repaired if observed
- display water saving posters and stickers to encourage patrons to be water efficient
- reduce flow rates in showers to the minimum of 9L/minute or less
- reduce flow rates in hand basin taps to 4.5L/minute or less
- ensure cleaners use a broom or mop to clean floors in changerooms
- complete backwashing based on pressure
- ensure irrigation is compliant with watering rosters.
Waterwise Aquatic Centre Water Management Plan
To maintain endorsement, you will need to report annually on your centre's progress.
Waterwise Aquatic Centre Re-endorsement Template