Water Corporation wishes to express sincere sympathy to people who have been affected by the tragic loss of life and property due to the devastating bushfires in the Shires of Waroona and Harvey.
Customers affected by the Waroona Complex fires – January 2016
Our customers who own a property that has been totally or partially destroyed in the bushfires in Yarloop and surrounds will be eligible for additional assistance:
- You will be exempt from all Service Charges until 1 January 2017.
- Water charges for the billing period before the bushfires issued on or around 6 January 2016 will be waived. This includes both service charges and water use charges.
- If you choose to maintain a water service to your property, water use charges will apply, but we will apply an allowance for the first 20,000 litres of water used during the billing period, on the assumption that this water was used for protecting your property from the fire.
- For any outstanding debt, no recovery action or interest charges will be raised until 1 January 2017.
These arrangements will remain in place for the current owner. If the property is sold, our normal charges and arrangements will be applied to the new owner.
All other Yarloop residents:
Yarloop residents with a property that has not sustained fire damage will also have their January bill waived, and will be eligible for a one-off 20,000 litre allowance on the assumption that this water was used for protecting your property from the potential fire risk. The allowance will be automatically applied to your January bill once it is re-issued.
If you live in the following towns you will also receive the one-off 20,000 litre allowance and this will be applied to your next bill you will receive around March:
- Preston Beach
If you have any questions at all, or are experiencing hardship, please contact:
Call 13 13 85 (8am–5pm) for:
- interest free payment arrangements and extensions
- continuation of concessions for customers that owned & occupied their properties and have now been deemed uninhabitable
- water allowance for water used during fire fighting.
Call 13 13 95 (8am–5pm) for:
- No water service disconnect / reconnect fees
- No cost for replacement of fire damaged water meters
- No Building Service Application fees for homes to be re-built.
Please telephone our 24-hour faults, emergencies and security on 13 13 75 for any urgent matters.