Water Corporation is committed to providing a quality digital service to customers. We aim to comply with level AA of the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 instituted by the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C).
We regularly have our site tested by independent accessibility experts to assess our compliance. We are continually working to improve the accessibility and quality of our online tools and content.
We support 3 different device formats:
- desktop browser for PC and Mac
- tablet browser in portrait and landscape orientation
- mobile browser in portrait and landscape orientation.
We support the following browser types and versions:
- Chrome (versions 40+)
- Firefox (versions 37+)
- Internet Explorer (versions 10 and 11)
- Safari (versions 6+)
- Android (standard browser)
- iOS (standard browser and Chrome).
Availability of website functionality may be limited on browser versions older than those specified.
Dragon Naturally Speaking
You may have trouble accessing our website using version 12.5 of Dragon Naturally Speaking. We are investigating this. Later versions are not affected.
To improve visibility, the website has been designed to allow for scalable fonts through your web browser's inbuilt controls. The size of text on the website can be increased through your browser by following these instructions:
- Hold down the CTRL key and scroll up or down with your mouse wheel.
- In Internet Explorer you can change the font size by selecting the 'View' menu item and then selecting the 'Text Size' option. You can also hold down the CTRL key and press the plus (+) or minus (-) keys, which will increase or decrease the entire page.
- In Firefox you can change the font size by selecting the 'View' menu item and then selecting the 'Text Size' option. You can continue to increase or decrease the text size as needed. Firefox users can also hold down the CTRL key and press the plus (+) and minus (-) keys to increase or decrease the text size.
- In Apple Safari, you can change the font size by selecting the 'View' menu item and then selecting either 'Make text bigger' or 'Make text smaller'. Safari users can also hold down the COMMAND key and press the plus (+) and minus (-) keys to increase or decrease the text size.
Some documents on our website are currently only available in Portable Document Format (PDF). The purpose of this format is to enable documents to be easily downloaded or printed. We use it for documents like checklist, forms and brochures.
Most computers already have the software to open these document formats. If your computer does not, download Adobe Reader for free to open PDF files.
Download Adobe Reader
We are in the process of replacing or supplementing content provided in PDF with more accessible formats, such as HTML or Word. If you require a particular piece of content in an accessible format, please contact us.
Most of our maps are provided in PDF or JPEG format. We have some online maps. If you need help understanding information contained within a map, please contact us.
We use video content throughout the site. We embed videos into our web pages using the YouTube player. Videos have closed captions applied and a link to a transcript is provided. Some audio descriptions are available upon request.
If you are deaf, or have a hearing or speech impairment, contact us through the National Relay Service. For more information, visit: www.relayservice.gov.au
We are committed to reviewing and improving the accessibility of the website. If you have any accessibility issues, feedback or questions, please let us know.